Monday, February 3, 2014

Sauna Life...


Sounds like you guys are rocking it up like usual! Im glad to hear you guys had a good time with the sisters, even if it was a little slow on conversation. I was just thinking to myself how I have not done that once. Have a nice structured meal like that then have a great lesson teaching the kids. It doesn't really work like that down here with our ten members. But we do what we do right? That really sounds like a good time and I'm glad you did that because there are missionaries down here that basically live through the members. They are awesome! But this week has been a crazy combination of a lot of things. We had an awesome cold front with a couple days of rain followed by some of the hottest days of my life that really were just the most humid days of my life. It wasn't that hot really, there was just so much liquid in the air. We walked from our house to an investigator about six blocks away and she let us in to her garage to talk and closed the door and it turned into a sauna. I was really sweating from every pore. It was running down my arms and dripping off my fingers. She was a little alarmed but I just kept a huge smile on my face which made it even weirder for her I think but it was just funny.

I also did divisions this week with our ZL Elder Bulloch from St. George. He is a huge wrestler and a stud missionary. We went to a part of our area I didnt know very well to contact a bit and found a couple folks and at one house we were basically yelled at to leave and that they already have their religion. Elder Sanchez and I went back to this area two days later to visit someone else and asked if they knew anyone we could visit. They gave us this house that the woman screamed as out. So we went back and tried again. We were starting the same way with very short, smart, high-pitched answers until Elder Sanchez said he was from Paraguay. I have never seen anyone change so fast. She turned into our best friend in about three seconds. She has lived in Paraguay for thirty years and just loved chatting about it. It turns out she is a super-evangelical woman and was just giving us blessings the whole time which was pretty cool I guess. She also can speak in tongues (watch out) but was a super nice woman that we have an appointment to visit tonight. It was crazy how fast she changed.

Also this week was one of the coolest things that have happened to me. We were out in this nieghborhood outside of the main city looking for a prior contact. We were confronted by a group of 10-14 year old boys that wanted us to play soccer with them. So we did. It was the mormons with a 14 year old and an 18 year old Uruguayans verses about ten younger boys. We just played in this little field on the side of one of their houses and it was sweet. After we played and we said we had to go, they just swarmed around us asked tons of questions. Where we were from, which team we are from, here and in American (PeƱarol and Real Salt Lake) and stuff like this. One of them asked to go to the shade to talk more so we moved to the shade to get out of the sun and they all just sat down in a perfect semi-circle and it felt like we were giving a sermon on the mount kind of thing. It was awesome and they all asked tons of questions about God and Christ and were super excited to just learn about it all. We have all of their names and almost all of their addresses to go back and teach their families like they asked. It was amazing. We are really going to work this week to find them and keep teaching them.

Well my dear friends, I hope that you guys have another great week and keep living it up back in ol South Jordan. Enjoy the snow and the time off! I love you guys, thank you so much for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment