Monday, January 20, 2014

Thunder Attack!


Hey there family, are you still alive, or snowed in? Apparently there has been some crazy snowstorms in America because every time we go to visit someone and I tell them I'm from the states they just freak out and ask about my family. Apparently its pretty bad. I know that Utah is pretty chill, but I think its funny that all these people that have never seen snow in their lives are worried so much about it. They say a lot of people are dying, so I hope you are all alright:) You guys never stop! Everyone is doing so much right now, even with two of us gone it still sounds like a team effort to get everyone around. (also, shout out to Josh, Amanda was in my seminary class last year, say hi for me. Shes a real sweetheart;)

This week has been pretty great! Elder Sanchez and I have really just been trying to get a better feel for everyone here because Rosario has such a bad past with members leaving, so we are just hunting everyone down and visiting them again after all this time and trying to get them back. Its a hard road most of the time, but there are the bright sides. Also we got a reference from a member in Colonia and we visited a family that is solid! The sister of the family was there the first time we passed by and we chatted for a minute but she had to go so we said a prayer with her on her porch and afterward she was just crying and thanking us. The next day we went back and the family was there and we had an awesome lesson with them. Mostly the dad and two sons. We gave them the first lesson and I felt so good being able to share more and the spirit was definitely felt by them. One of the sons gave the closing prayer while we all knelt and it was sweet. They are great people and I hope we get to help them again.

Also we had lunch again with one of our members!! (4th time of my mission!!) And we had cow heart and liver. The heart is actually super good. The liver is just tough and bland. The heart was super tender and the souce she made with it was fantastic. Its funny because the other companionship with us didnt really like it but Elder Sanchez and I loved it. The other Elder hear from California couldnt finish all the liver he was given, so when the hermana got up to get something I took all that was left and ate it super fast. He was really relieved and I liked it to. Not a bad trade.

Well I hope you guys have had an awesome week and that you all have fun in all of your stuff! Keep dancing, playing, and going to school, and you will go places:) Just made that up too. Like Uruguay!! We have been enjoying a nice cold front this week. SOOOOO nice. Three nights in a row of crazy thunderstorms. The other day I heard the loudest lightning strike of my life. At four in the morning I thought we were under attack. And it was one strike. The windows in the house were all shaking for a minute after and it took awhile to get my breath back. I went from dead asleep to wide awake in about half a second. It was nuts. But definitely worth the cold weather. Really a nice break we were needing.

Well you guys I love you so much and cant tell you how happy it makes me to hear how well you are all doing! Love you tons

Elder Degn

 


https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

 

No comments:

Post a Comment