Thursday, May 8, 2014

New comp...

Hey guys! Getting close eh?! That really sounds like you guys had a super crazy but awesome week, so just the normal. Shout out to EVERYONE that is doing so good in all their sports and dancing!
So this week is change week so thats why we are writing on tuesday, I hope you guys remembered.... But yeah sadly Davis is heading on his way. It has been an awesome change with him and it has flown by and we really just worked and lived like brothers. It was an awesome change that just flew by. My new comp is Elder Martinez from Mexico! He has been out for about a year and a half too, and he is already in my zone! He is just moving down to be with me over in Cerro 1. So I already know him and I like him a lot. We are going to pick him up tonight at midnight when we drop Davis off at Tres Cruces to head up to Rivera!
So anyway, this last week was awesome!! Jesus just continues to blow my mind. He was soooo prepared for everything. He had some pretty big struggles this week and we were a little worried about him but then at church the first class was about the priesthood and I was sitting with him and basically trying to catch him up on everything and then the bishop came over and took him out to have an interview and so the bishop explained everything to him and laid out the responsibilities and everything and Jesus accepted everything! He even went up and shared his testimony in sacrament meeting and it was awesome! In the second class that we teach to the investigators and menos activos we talked about priesthood too and I shared my experience of recieving the priesthood from my dad and having the line of authority that traces back to Christ. I shared that to show the importance of the true authority we have, but in his testimony Jesus said that after hearing me say that, he wants to be the dad to give his sons the priesthood. It made me cry. It was a great sunday!
The area is progressing like crazy too! We have a family night every week with as many people as we can from our area and it is turning out super good. Our area is really super small so we can invite almost everyone and tonight is going to be the biggest one yet! They are super fun and really just strenghten everyone. There really isnt anyone in our area that is there every sunday, but it is getting a lot better and it really helps everyone to get together and share a night like this. So yeah, I hope you guys are finding time for family nights still:)
It really has been a blast to be with Elder Davis and I cant wait to see how this area grows in this next month and a half! Time is flying! I almost wish it would slow down.
Well we went to Downtown Deo today to go see la Torre de Antel but it was closed so we took cool pictures outside and went into Ciudad Vieja to walk around and eat at Subway! First time in more than 8 months and it really wasnt that bad. Just more expensive;) But I love Uruguay so much! I dont know if I have said that lately but I really do. It is AMAZING!!
Love you all and cant wait to see you in five days!!!
Todo mi amor,
Elder Degn
ps. this is my last district!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment