Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Moving to the city!

Hey guys, how goes it? I'm sure glad you all had a good week, and I'm super glad you had fun in Cali mom because I really miss it! That is the only reason I'm glad Im leaving Colonia, it makes me super trunky for California. Oh yeah, hey I'm leaving Rosario. Like in two hours so I dont have much time! I am going to Cerro! Barrio Las Torres! It is the outside part of Montevideo and super sketchy. It is one of the three zones in Montevideo and the farthest away from downtown. About 30 mins from centro. Everyone is scared of Cerro (the people in my rama) and they just kept saying how lucky I am that I look latino and am big. And my comp is Elder Davis. I dont know anything about him besides he is a big american that plays baseball too, so I'm super pumped! Also Dio is in Cerro right now too so I will get to be with him every now and then too! Sooo Sick!! I leave tonight so we´ll see if all the horror stories are true starting tomorrow. The upside is the church is booming there! I will be in a WARD!!

As much as I am excited to leave, it hurts to leave these guys here. When we are so few we have gotten pretty close. They had a party for me on Sunday and the sisters gave me a super nice tie to help me never forget them in Rosario. It was touching to be honest. I have learned so much here about how to be a good missionary and how to be a good member of the church. Our branch president is a convert of three years and his life before the gospel could be a crazy action movie. He was raised here in Rosario and his life was nuts with everything you can think of. The things I have learned from him are priceless. He has shown me how to be a good leader as well and work by the spirit always. He and his wife are some of the best people I have ever met in my life, and I really am going to miss them.

The other thing I am going to miss is Cristina´s baptism in three weeks. We really went over a lot with her this week and worked with Presidente and we set another date for three weeks from now. She will make it, I know. I was here when we found her with Dio and when we told her I had to leave she just cried and cried. It was really heart-breaking. She has grown to love us because we offer her so much light in her life that is so hard. I felt super bad that I have to leave before her baptism because I know how much it meant to her to have us both there. I know Elder Sanchez will take care of her though, so she is in good hands.

Yesterday just about all of our plans fell through so we just contacted basically all day and it was one of the best days we have had all change. We talked with a ton of new people and I wouldnt have it any other way to leave Rosario with now four or five more people to work with. I will always be grateful for having served in Rosario, and I will never forget the genuine friends I have here. I really was blessed to start here.

I also got a package from grandma and grandpa this week with a sweater which was just in time because it got super cold this week! I wore it everyday. Blessings everywhere!!
You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for everything! I love you all so much! have a good week!!
All my love, Elder Degn

ps. THis is my farewell party.

 


  
Best Birthday Card Ever!
 
 


 

Working Hard!!
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment