Saturday, June 21, 2014

Goooooaaaaaaallllll!!!! 1st Baptism!

Hey everyone!! It sounds like you guys had a great week and that some of you are already having too much fun with their summer. I do miss those days...Fa this has been the craziest week of my life!! I have got so much to tell you, so buckle up. First off, sorry that I didnt say anything earlier, but Uruguay is OFF ITS ROCKER for the Mundial! (World Cup) With last second notice our President gave us permission to only watch the Uruguay games in the house of less actives. That is hard for the latins down here but it is good because in lunch on Friday the family was watching the Mexico game with columbian officials, and at the end of the first half Elder Martinez was just about ready to go kill the Columbian elders in our zone...so yeah, its for a good reason:) But its all good, the Uruguay game was a little disappointing and we really had to just hurry right home afterward because our area just turned into a WARZONE. Literally. But it was still fun. (USA; USA; USA) So yeah, it is on all day everyday in everyone´s house. Just so you know.
Also this week we had a conference with the whole mission and it was awesome! I got to see all my friends and it was really a awesome morning. Then right after the whole mission (260 por ahi) went to the other mission and we had a joint conference with Elder Lynn Robbins of the Presidency of the 70. It was an awesome meeting, and he did a great job teaching us about how we teach. Shock I know, but it was super good. I also saw my good friend Hermana Tiffany Chin from the other mission. The only BIngham kids down here right now. It was awesome to talk with her for a little bit, and it is crazy that she is going home soon!
Then on Friday night we had the baptism of Eloy! It was an awesome experience and he asked me to baptize him! My first time in the mission and it was amazing! He is such a good guy and has done a lot to get to this point. The other missionaries in the ward baptized one of their investigators too and he is a 84 year old man and not quite as flexible as he was back in the day, so he basically could not bend back at all. So Elder Lamb basically sat down with him in the water as I held his lower half all under the water so nothing came out. It was really such a humbling experience, and to just be an instrument in the hands of the Lord is an amazing feeling. It was really something I will never forget.
Also this week was changes and Elder Martinez and I are staying together another 6 weeks! Its fine with me because tomorrow we are going to Montevideo centro with our investigators Iris and Leo to sign the paperwork of their wedding as witnesses!!! We have to go back in three weeks to be the witnesses of the actual wedding, so Im all good with that! It is amazing how well they are doing and how much they want to learn. Oh and Im going to be the witness at their wedding, did I say that already? Im pretty pumped about that!!
Well kiddos, I want to end with a shout out to my old man. Happy Fathers day!! I hope that you had a good relaxing day and enjoyed all that pie. I miss you and love you more than I can describe. You are the best man I know and the biggest example I have in my life. I often think to myself what you would do sometimes, and the answer is always the right one. Even if I dont want to at first. Thank you for everything you do for our family and for me. I love you pops!
Con amor,
Elder Degn
ps. Eloy and his sister that is a member at his baptism.
 Eloy
 Sister Chin from Bingham
District SWAG!

No comments:

Post a Comment